I would like Amtrak and the Southern Rail Commission to consider making Live Oak a stop on the Sunset Limited Line because:
- It would generate between $12.25 and $12.72 million annually for Amtrak.
- Live Oak is located in the center of the North Florida Business Diamond near the crossroads of I-75 and I-10.
- Live Oak is a hub for art, music and ecotourism.
- Along with its springs, trails and the Suwannee River, Live Oak is home to the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park which hosts more than 600,000 guests annually, most of whom would be open to traveling via rail service.
- Railroads have been an integral part of Live Oak and Suwannee County history with a depot ready for use in one of the safest areas of the city, downtown.
I pledge to ride the Sunset Limited Line and would utilize the stop in Live Oak.
Use the official campaign hashtag #AllAboardLiveOak when sharing on social media.